INDIANOLA, Iowa -- Audrey LoVan broke her own school record in the pole vault for the second week in a row to highlight the Simpson women's track and field team's performance at the 13th Kip Janvrin Open on Friday, April 27 at Buxton Stadium.
• Just days after crushing her own school record in the pole vault, LoVan set the mark again, clearing 10-feet, 8-inches to place sixth. The mark is good for second in the Iowa Conference and is two inches better than her previous best of 10-feet, 6-inches set Saturday, April 21.
• Freshman Katelyn Mangold lowered her time in the 400-meter hurdles again, running 1:06.08 to place seventh. Her new personal-best is currently No. 4 in the IIAC.
• Seniors Clarke and Burugs ran personal-bests in the 100 meters on Senior Day. Burugs ran 13.49 to place 28th and Clarke ran 13.52 to place 29th. Senior thrower Jackie Cullinan came in fifth in the javelin throw with a toss of 87-feet, 2-inches.
Top three finishers per event
27. Kate Derrick, 2:41.30
19. Sarah Sandage, 17.48 | PR
7. Katelyn Mangold, 1:06.08 | PR | #4 IIAC
11. Kamryn Juni, 4-08.25
25. Jackie Cullinan, 94-01
25. Jackie Cullinan, 103-00
The Storm go to the Loras Twilight on Friday, May 4 for the final tune-up before the Iowa Conference Championships. The Twilight gets underway at 3:30 p.m. in Dubuque.