ST. LOUIS, Mo. -- The Simpson women's tennis team cruised to a 7-2 victory over Westminster (Mo.) on Sunday to close out the road trip to St. Louis. The Storm doubles team won all three matches to help lift the squad.
The duo of Emily King and Kelly Kuebler surrendered just three sets in their 8-3 victory at No. 1 doubles. Megan Grubb and Danielle Bates only gave up one set at No. 2 doubles for an 8-1 win, and Sarah Barry and Kathryn Hays won 8-4.
Barry was strong at her No. 5 singles slot and won 6-2, 6-2. King and Grubb each won 6-4, 6-2 at No. 1 and No. 3 singles, respectively. Bates won her opening set at No. 4 singles, but lost the second set. She battled back and went on to win 10-7 to claim the win.
1. Emily King (SIM) def. Sydney Attebery, 6-4, 6-2
2. Clara Baldwin (WES) def. Kelly Kuebler, 6-1, 7-5
3. Megan Grubb (SIM) def. Natalie Tiffany, 6-4, 6-2
4. Danielle Bates (SIM) def. Maddy Cripe, 6-1, 4-6, 10-7
5. Sarah Barry (SIM) def. Alison Frisella, 6-2, 6-2
6. Isabel O'Neil (WES) def. Lorin Miller, 6-3, 6-3
1. Emily King/Kelly Kuebler (SIM) def. Sydney Attebery/Clara Baldwin, 8-3
2. Megan Grubb/Danielle Bates (SIM) def. Natalie Tiffany/Maddy Cripe, 8-1
3. Sarah Barry/Kathryn Hays (SIM) def. Isabel O'Neil/Alison Frisella, 8-4
The Storm competed against Iowa Central Community College on Thursday and travel to Grinnell on Saturday.