Simpson is now 3-4 overall and 1-3 in American Rivers Conference play. The Dutch are 5-4 and 2-2 in the league.
Originally scheduled to be played at Simpson, the match was relocated to Lifetime Fitness in Urbandale and moved up two hours due to thunderstorms throughout the area.
Reusche held on to beat Karleigh Schilling 6-2, 4-6 (7) at No. 1 singles, giving her a 2-2 mark in conference play. King earned her team-leading fifth singles win of the season, coming back to beat Jenna Stewart 2-6, 6-2 (5).
Quotes from Coach Bliss
"Kayla and Emily had strong showings in singles today and I was impressed with our doubles play after mixing up the lineup. We are definitely on the right track and playing at a higher level than a few weeks ago."
1. Kayla Reusche (SIMW) def. Karleigh Schilling (CENW) 6-2, 4-6, 9-7
2. Emily King (SIMW) def. Jenna Stewart (CENW) 2-6, 6-2, 7-5
3. Laurynn Mize (CENW) def. Kelly Kuebler (SIMW) 6-1, 6-1
4. Sarah Schirm (CENW) def. Sierra Griffith (SIMW) 6-1, 6-2
5. Kirsten Jordan (CENW) def. Megan Grubb (SIMW) 6-2, 6-1
6. Sami Thompson (CENW) def. Sarah Barry (SIMW) 6-1, 6-0
1. Karleigh Schilling/Jenna Stewart (CENW) def. Kayla Reusche/Emily King (SIMW) 8-3
2. Laurynn Mize/Maddie Hartley (CENW) def. Sierra Griffith/Kelly Kuebler (SIMW) 9-8 (4-2)
3. Sarah Schirm/Katie Larson (CENW) def. Megan Grubb/Sarah Barry (SIMW) 8-1
The Storm host a pair of league matches when Loras and Dubuque visit campus on Saturday, Sept. 29. The Loras match is set to begin at 9 a.m. at Buxton Tennis Complex while the Dubuque match is slated for a Noon start.