2011-12 Simpson Women's Tennis News
July 16, 2012
Women's tennis team, individuals snag academic honors
The women's tennis team earned ITA All-Academic Team honors and five individuals took home ITA Scholar Athlete recognition in 2011-12.
April 17, 2012
SAAC holds recognition banquet
Simpson's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee held its annual awards banquet Monday, April 16.
April 10, 2012
Storm top Central in home finale
Simpson took advantage of a 2-1 start in doubles to hold on for a 5-4 win over Central on Tuesday.
April 4, 2012
Simpson handles Grand View
Simpson earned its first win of the Spring season with a 7-2 defeat of Grand View on Wednesday.
March 30, 2012
Storm fall to Northwestern in Spring opener
Simpson opened the Spring season with a 7-2 loss to Northwestern.
November 28, 2011
45 fall student-athletes named academic all-conference
Simpson placed 45 student-athletes on the fall academic all-conference list.
October 8, 2011
Storm take fifth at IIAC Championship
Tiffany Bost won her singles match against Central, helping the Storm win the fifth-place match.
October 2, 2011
Storm fall to Wartburg, qualify for IIAC Tournament
Allison Anderson won her doubles match on Sunday, but Simpson fell to Wartburg, 7-2.
October 1, 2011
Storm beat Monmouth, lose to Luther
The Simpson women's tennis team was involved in a pair a 9-0 matches on Saturday, beating Monmouth and losing to Luther.
September 27, 2011
Storm drops tight contest to Central
The Simpson women's tennis team split the singles competition but fell 5-4 to Central on Tuesday evening.
September 24, 2011
Storm extend winning streak to five
Whitney Thompson won a pair of singles matches for Simpson, who beat Morningside and Buena Vista by identical 7-2 scores Saturday.
September 17, 2011
Storm roll past Grand View
Simpson had no problems against Grand View on Saturday, taking a 9-0 win.
September 10, 2011
Strong doubles play lifts Storm over Dubuque, Loras
Mikayla Struebing went undefeated at No. 1 singles and No. 2 doubles as Simpson beat Dubuque 8-1 and Loras 9-0 on Saturday.
September 7, 2011
Simpson falls to Graceland in home debut
Lynae Gruber picked up two points in the Storm's 6-3 loss to Graceland on Wednesday.
September 3, 2011
Storm fall to Cornell, Coe
Lindsay Nash and the Storm fell to Cornell, 5-4 and Coe, 9-0 in Iowa Conference action Saturday.
August 31, 2011
Storm start season strong against Buena Vista
Lynae Gruber picked up singles and doubles wins for the Storm in a 6-3 season-opening win against Buena Vista on Wednesday in Storm Lake.
- Simpson athletes, Sodexo "rally&quo...
- Conference tournament cancelled
- Storm drop 6-3 decision to Cornell
- Ehrhardt continues to roll in wake of...
- Luther downs Kelli contingent and...
- Women's tennis matches moved to Grinnell
- Simpson drops 6-3 decision to Central
- Women's tennis drops 5-4 contest to...
- Pioneers and Vikings weather the Storm...
- Kelli duo propels Simpson to first win
- Women's tennis falls to Graceland, 5-4
- Youthful women's tennis team loses...
- Brian Niemuth named Director of...
- 2012-13 Storm Top 10: No. 7
- Nash sets doubles record as Storm roll
- Rain causes schedule changes
- Nash ties doubles record as Storm beat...
- Division III Week - April 8-14
- Women's tennis schedule altered
- Storm start strong, finish strong in win...
- Sirianni steps down as Simpson Athletic...
- 35 named fall academic all-conference
- Simpson Storm Coaches Show airs tonight
- Storm crown two champions at IIAC...
- Simpson wins two, extends streak to...
- Pair of Simpson wins extend streak to...
- Storm come back to take down Central
- Storm pick up two league wins
- Simpson falls to Graceland
- Storm fall to William Jewell, Coe
- Strong singles play helps Simpson to...
- Women's tennis team, individuals snag...
- Top 10 Countdown begins July 3
- SAAC holds recognition banquet
- Storm top Central in home finale
- Simpson handles Grand View
- Storm fall to Northwestern in Spring...
- 45 fall student-athletes named academic...
- Storm take fifth at IIAC Championship
- Storm fall to Wartburg, qualify for IIAC...
- Storm beat Monmouth, lose to Luther
- Storm drops tight contest to Central
- Storm extend winning streak to five
- Storm roll past Grand View
- Strong doubles play lifts Storm over...
- Simpson falls to Graceland in home debut
- Storm fall to Cornell, Coe
- Storm start season strong against Buena...
- Simpson student-athletes gain new...
- Friday's women's tennis match with...
- Simpson beats Northwestern, drops close...
- Saturday's tennis matches postponed
- 37 fall athletes named IIAC Academic...
- Nash edges Anderson for Flight C...
- Anderson, Nash advance to semifinals at...
- Storm end regular season on high note
- Central tops Storm in final IIAC match
- Storm fall to Upper Iowa, Luther
- Storm sweep weekend in Storm Lake,...
- Storm split with Beloit and Grinnell
- Simpson tops Dubuque, Loras
- Storm topped by Wartburg
- Simpson falls to Cornell and Coe
- Simpson gets underway with win over BVU
- Simpson closes spring season with pair...
- Simpson tops Westminster for second in a...
- Simpson women take close match against...
- Gruber, Anderson meet in consolation...
- Gruber, Anderson advance to semis at...
- Upper Iowa, Cornell edge Simpson to...
- Women fall in triangular
- Simpson splits against Graceland and BVU
- Women's tennis drops matches to William...
- Women's tennis update: Splits at...
- Women's tennis falls to Coe
- Women's tennis handles BVU, 8-1
- Four named ITA Scholar-Athletes
- Simpson inducts seven into Hall of Fame