INDIANOLA, Iowa -- The Simpson women's basketball team gets one day off before Luther visits on Monday for a 6 p.m. contest inside Cowles Fieldhouse.
The Storm (16-5, 8-4 A-R-C) traveled to Loras on Saturday and lost 94-79 and the Duhawks won both games in the season series. The Norse (9-9, 8-3 A-R-C) had the same fate over the weekend and fell 60-46 to Coe.
The game will be video streamed live on SimpsonAthletics.com, where Bryan Geelan will have the call. Fans can also access the video stream via the American Rivers application on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV.
LUTHER SERIES NOTES
Simpson and Loras continue its series on Monday in the 84th matchup that dates back to the 1976-77 season … the Storm own a 46-37 record, but the Norse have won the last 8 of 10 in the series … both teams met on Dec. 3, 2018 earlier in the season, with the Storm winning 81-64 to pick up their first conference win of the season … the scoring is fairly equal in the series as Simpson is scoring 68.6 ppg and Luther is racking up 65.3 ppg.
Dec. 3, 2018 — W, 81-64 (Decorah)
Feb. 22, 2018 — L, 81-64 (Decorah)*
Jan. 31, 2018 — L, 76-55 (Decorah)
Jan. 3, 2018 — W, 78-73 (Indianola)
ABOUT THE NORSE
The Norse and eighth-year head coach, Amanda Bailey, are sitting in third place in the American Rivers Conference after finishing last season in second … Sarah Holtz is currently in fifth in the conference in scoring (14.3 ppg) and rebounding (6.9 rpg) … Laura Hamilton is tied for first in the conference with 3.4 steals per game … Luther had a three-game winning streak snapped after its loss on Saturday.
LAST TIME OUT
Loras dismantled Simpson on Saturday, despite the Storm draining 17 3-pointers … the 17 triples set a new school record for most made 3-pointers in a season with 222, surpassing the old record of 216 … Cassie Chubb came off the bench to score a team-high 17 points and made five treys … in Luther's loss to Coe, the Norse had their lowest point production since the second game of last season during a 65-48 loss to Washington-St. Louis … Laura Hamilton netted 14 points to maintain her season average.
- Simpson has made 222 3-pointers through 21 games and surpassed the school record of 216 set during the 2011-12 season. Simpson has made at least 10 3-pointers in 10 of the last 11 games and is 8-3 when making 10-or-more 3s this season.
- Simpson's 20 3-pointers against Dubuque on Jan. 5 are the second-most by a team in Division III this season. Westminster (Mo.) surpassed the Storm's mark with 21 treys against MacMurray on Jan. 16.
- The Storm rank second in Division III with 222 3-pointers made, rank fifth with 10.6 3-pointers per game and rank seventh in 3-point percentage (38.4).
- Simpson also boasts one of the best total offenses in the nation, averaging 80.2 ppg, seventh in Division III and first in the conference.
- Janey Botkins is creeping in on third all-time in career 3-pointers made. Botkins now has 159 and is four away from tying Morgan Mauro, who made 163 between 2012-16.
- The Storm failed to get to the free throw line more than 10 times in its last two outings and have six instances all season. At the charity stripe, the team is averaging 11 makes per game on 14.5 attempts to lead the conference with a 75.7 free throw percentage.
Simpson gears up for its fourth game in seven days when it travels to Lincoln, Neb. to take on Nebraska Wesleyan on Wednesday. The Storm won 84-68 in the previous matchup on Jan. 9 as Jenna Taylor poured in 25 points.