A right-handed hurler from Aurora, Colo., Bell picked up two complete-game wins in helping the Storm to a 3-1 record at the North Park Invitational in Chicago on March 23-24. Simpson split the first day of action, beating Olivet 4-0 and losing to North Park 5-4. On day two, the Storm beat North Park 3-2 in eight innings before topping Olivet 5-3.
Bell wins the honor for the third time in her young career. The Storm are 13-7 on the season and have won 7 of 8 entering this weekend when the team hosts Central on Saturday, March 30 to open American Rivers Conference play.
Emily Bell | A-R-C Pitcher of the Week
• Went 2-0 with a 0.93 ERA in 15 innings of work
• Struck out 11 batters and walked three
• Tossed a four-hit shutout in 4-0 win over Olivet, allowing just one runner to reach scoring position
• Went the distance in a 5-4, 8-inning win over North Park, striking out seven
• Improved to 6-1 on the season with a 1.29 ERA