INDIANOLA, Iowa -- The Simpson men's tennis team lost 5-3 in its home opener against Cornell College on Saturday to open up the season.
The duo of Aaron Price and Karson Richardson would pick up all of Simpson's wins for the day. The pair showed a solid outing for No. 3 doubles, with an 8-0 shutout win as the Storm's only doubles win.
Price secured one of the two singles wins at No. 5 with 6-1, 6-0 set victories. Richardson picked up the second win at No. 6 singles with sets of 6-2, 6-1.
The Storm will compete next on Friday, Sept. 20 at 9 a.m at the American Rivers Conference Individual Tournament in Waterloo, Iowa.
1. Shoma Kishimoto (CCM) def. Brett Dewerff, 6-2, 6-1
2. Hayden Dzurisin (CCM) def. Reade Reiter, 6-1, 6-1
3. Nick Adamou (CCM) def. Peter Walkwitz, 6-3, 6-0
4. Ethan Humble (SIM) vs. Drew Arnold, 2-6, 2-5, unfinished
5. Aaron Price (SIM) def. Bryce Fincher, 6-1, 6-0
6. Karson Richardson (SIM) def. Michael Coester, 6-2, 6-1
1. Shoma Kishimoto/Hayden Dzurisin (CCM) def. Brett Dewerff/Reade Reiter, 8-1
2. Nick Adamou/Drew Arnold (CCM) def. Peter Walkwitz/Ethan Humble, 9-7
3. Aaron Price/Karson Richardson (SIMM) def. Bryce Fincher/Michael Coester, 8-0