STORM LAKE, Iowa -- In the Simpson men's tennis team's first road match since March 30, the Storm lost 6-3 at American Rivers Conference foe, Buena Vista on Wednesday night.
Simpson (7-10, 1-4 A-R-C) captured two wins via singles play and one in doubles to just fall to the Beavers (5-8, 1-4 A-R-C).
Peter Walkwitz escaped at No. 5 singles with a win in three sets, while two went to tiebreakers. Walkwitz lost the opener 4-6, before coming back to win 7-6 in the second set in an 8-6 tiebreaker. In the third and deciding set, the freshman went on to win 7-6 with a 7-3 tiebreaker to give the Storm a point.
Karson Richardson handled his opponent well in No. 6 singles action and won 6-3, 6-2 for the point.
Matt Turnley lost 7-6 (7-5), 6-3 at No. 4 singles to just miss out on a win for the Storm.
Simpson travels to Nebraska Wesleyan on Friday for a 3:30 p.m. contest in Lincoln, Neb.
Buena Vista 6, Simpson 3
1. John Foss (BVUM) def. Zach Nelson, 6-1, 6-2
2. Danny Kramer (BVUM) def. Reade Reiter, 6-2, 6-4
3. Jake Thompson (BVUM) def. Brett Dewerff, 7-5, 6-4
4. Aaron Pluym (BVUM) def. Matt Turnley, 7-6 (7-5), 6-3
5. Peter Walkwitz (SIM) def. Aaron Mumm, 4-6, 7-6 (8-6), 7-6 (7-3)
6. Karson Richardson (SIM) def. Andrew Boell, 6-3, 6-2
1. Zach Nelson/Reade Reiter (SIM) def. John Foss/Aaron Pluym, 8-7 (9-7)
2. Danny Kramer/Jake Thompson (BVUM) def. Brett Dewerff/Matt Turnley, 8-4
3. Aaron Mumm/Kris Mintle (BVUM) def. Peter Walkwitz/Karson Richardson, 8-4