LAKEVILLE, Minn. -- In their first match in Minnesota, the Simpson men's tennis squad cruised to a 7-2 victory over Bethany Lutheran on Friday.
Zach Nelson and Matt Turnley had the same fate in their singles matches as well and won 6-2, 6-1. Nelson gave up three games at No. 1 singles and Turnley did so as well at No. 4 singles. Reide Reiter lost his first set, 4-6 and came back to win 6-2 in the second. After going to a tiebreaker with Dalto Werckman, Reiter came away with a 10-6 win.
In doubles play, the Storm lost at No. 1 doubles, but won handily in the other two matches. AJ Jackson and Turnley teamed up for an 8-4 tally, and Dewerff and Walkwitz won 8-1 at No. 3 doubles.
Simpson returns back to the court on Saturday for a 4 p.m. match with Crown and then ends their roadtrip with a 7 p.m. affair against Minnesota Morris.
Simpson 7, Bethany Lutheran 2
1. Zach Nelson (SIMM) def. Laine Larson (BLC) 6-2, 6-1
2. Reade Reiter (SIMM) def. Dalton Werckman (BLC) 4-6, 6-2, 10-6
3. Carter Dahl (BLC) def. AJ Jackson (SIMM) 6-3, 6-1
4. Matt Turnley (SIMM) def. Nico Martinez Biali (BLC) 6-2, 6-1
5. Brett Dewerff (SIMM) def. Noah Gernander (BLC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Peter Walkwitz (SIMM) def. David Lee (BLC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Laine Larson/Dalton Werckman (BLC) def. Zach Nelson/Reade Reiter (SIMM) 8-2
2. AJ Jackson/Matt Turnley (SIMM) def. Carter Dahl/Nico Martinez Biali (BLC) 8-4
3. Brett Dewerff/Peter Walkwitz (SIMM) def. Noah Gernander/David Lee (BLC) 8-1