INDIANOLA, Iowa -- Tanner Alderson, Darius Doswell and Trevor Fuccio were all named to the 2019 United Soccer Coaches Men's Division III All-North Region Second Team on Monday for their efforts this fall for Simpson.
This is the first time the Storm have had three players selected to an all-region team in the same year since 2000. Alderson was an All-North Region Third Team member in 2017 to become the second player in program history to receive the distinction twice, joining Garrett Pochop (2016-17).
The trio helped Simpson tie the program mark for most wins in a season at 16 and captured its fifth straight third-place finish in the American Rivers Conference. The three seniors combined to play in 215 matches during their time with the Storm.
Tanner Alderson | All-North Region Second Team
• Senior from Parkville, Mo.
• Scored 10 goals with one assist for 21 points
• Ended fifth in the league in goals scored
• Had three game-winning goals including the netter in the 101st minute over Wartburg for the golden goal
• Tallied two goals in the win over Minnesota Morris
• Went six-straight matches with a goal scored during the year
• Currently third in program history with 40 career goals
• Was an All-North Region Third Team selection in 2017
Darius Doswell | All-North Region Second Team
• Senior from Lakeville, Minn.
• Finished third on the team with nine goals and had two assists for 20 points
• Connected on four game-winning goals to pace the team and was tied for third in the conference
• Assisted on the golden goal against Wartburg in the 101st minute
• Eighth in program history with 23 career goals
Trevor Fuccio | All-North Region Second Team
• Senior from Marshalltown, Iowa
• Helped the Storm to 11 shutouts during the season
• The defense allowed just 22 goals throughout the year
• Started 20 contests for Storm backline during the season