CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- En route to tying the program mark for most wins in a season, the Simpson men's soccer team placed six players on the 2019 All-American Rivers Conference Men's Soccer Team, as voted on by the league's nine head coaches.
Tanner Alderson, Darius Doswell, Baraka Ellie and Trevor Fuccio all garnered all-conference honors while Enrique Idehen and Jake Potratz received honorable mention all-conference nods. The Storm hold an overall record of 16-3-2 and 5-2-1 mark in the conference. The team's 16 victories tie the program-best mark set during the 1999 and 2000 seasons.
Simpson travels to Loras tonight for the A-R-C Tournament Semifinal match that is slated to begin at 7:30 p.m.
Tanner Alderson | All-Conference
• Senior from Parkville, Mo.
• Scored 10 goals with one assist for 21 points
• Tied for fourth in the league in goals scored
• Had three game-winning goals including the netter in the 101st minute over Wartburg for the golden goal
• Tallied two goals in the win over Minnesota Morris
• Went six-straight matches with a goal scored during the year
• Currently third in program history with 40 career goals
• Third time being selected to the All-Conference squad
Darius Doswell | All-Conference
• Senior from Lakeville, Minn.
• Finished third on the team with nine goals and had two assists for 20 points
• Connected on four game-winning goals to pace the team
• Assisted on the golden goal against Wartburg in the 101st minute
• Eighth in program history with 23 career goals
• Was an honorable mention selection in 2018 and second-team performer in 2016
Baraka Ellie | All-Conference
• Sophomore from Des Moines, Iowa
• Third in the league with seven assists
• Had a string of four-straight matches with an assist during the season
• Handed out two assists in the team's 3-0 win over Nebraska Wesleyan on Oct. 29
• Second time being named All-Conference
Trevor Fuccio | All-Conference
• Senior from Marshalltown, Iowa
• Helped the Storm to 11 shutouts during the season
• The defense allowed just 22 goals throughout the year
• Two-time all-conference selection
Enrique Idehen | Honorable Mention All-Conference
• Junior from Urbandale, Iowa
• Finished first on the team with 22 points on 10 goals and two assists
• Tallied three game-winning goals
• Scored two goals in a match in back-to-back contests against Cornell (Sept. 19) and Westminster (Sept. 21)
Jake Potratz | Honorable Mention All-Conference
• Junior from Norwalk, Iowa
• Accounted for nine of the team's 11 shutouts while in goal for Simpson, which is a program best for a season
• His 0.88 goals allowed average is first in the league
• Secured 16 wins for most all time for the Storm by a goalie in a season