CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Simpson men's soccer goalkeeper Jake Potratz has been named the American Rivers Conference Defensive Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Potratz was solid in goal all week for the Storm with two shutouts and six saves.
Simpson moved to 5-1-0 after defeating Grinnell, 2-0 and then won, 1-0, over Bethel to finish out the week of play.
The Storm are back in action on Thursday at Cornell for a 4 p.m. match.
Potratz is joined by three other Simpson student-athletes that were honored by the conference this week, Abby Cozzoni (women's soccer), Sam Bartlett (football) and Brendan Holmes (football) had stellar performances for their respective teams. The Storm now have five student-athletes that have been selected as A-R-C Players of the Week this fall.
Jake Potratz | Defensive Player of the Week
• Junior from Norwalk, Iowa
• Tallied two shutouts for the week with wins over Grinnell and Bethel
• Had six saves, four came against Bethel
• Leads conference with four shutouts
• Second A-R-C Player of the Week honor, first was on Sept. 16, 2018