Bob Nutgrass became Simpson's Athletic Director on July 1, 2018. The 2018-19 season marks Nutgrass' 29th year at the college, where he has held numerous roles ranging from faculty member, coach and administrator. In his new role he will oversee all facets of Simpson's 19 NCAA Division III varsity sports.
Nutgrass has been a member of the faculty since coming to Simpson in 1990, maintaining various roles in the Physical Education department, including department chair. He served as an assistant men's basketball coach from 1990-96 and was the head men's and women's tennis coach for a combined 20 years. He is the winningest tennis coach in school history.
Most recently, Nutgrass served as an assistant athletic director and the program's NCAA compliance coordinator.
The Nutgrass File
- Assistant Athletic Director and NCAA Compliance Coordinator (2008-2018)
- Sport Science and health Education Department Chair (2015-2018)
- Faculty member (1990-2018)
- Head men's tennis coach (1997-2008)
- Head women's tennis coach (1997-2004, 2007)
- Winningest tennis coach in school history, going 91-103 on the men's side and 91-56 on the women's side
- 1997 IIAC Women's Tennis Coach of the Year
- Bachelor's Degree: Iowa Wesleyan, 1978, Physical Education and Recreation
- Master's Degree: Western Illinois, 1982, Athletic Administration
- Doctorate Degree: Drake, 2000, Higher Education