CHAMPS - Life Skills Program
Challenging Athletes' Minds for Personal
Simpson's CHAMPS/Life Skills program is designed to help student-athletes develop lifelong skills that they can take into the world once they have graduated, as well as helping them enhance their Simpson Experience in the classroom and on the field. The program is centered around 5 core components; academic success, athletic excellence, personal values, community service and career development.
The CHAMPS/Life Skills Program
• Promotes student-athletes' ownership of their academic, athletic, career, personal and community responsibilities.
• Meets the changing needs of student-athletes.
• Promotes respect for diversity and inclusion among student athletes.
• Assists student-athletes in identifying and applying transferable skills.
• Fosters an environment that encourages student-athletes to effectively access campus resources.
In cooperation with the NCAA CHAMPS/Life Skills Program and their supplemental resources, Simpson College is able to provide the necessary support for student-athletes to grow and thrive in their college surroundings. Simpson was selected as a member of the CHAMPS/Life Skills Program in 2006 and is one of only 161 Division III schools participating in the program.