INDIANOLA, Iowa – Due to forecasted inclement weather for Friday, May 3, weekend schedules for Simpson’s softball, baseball and men’s golf teams have been altered.
The Iowa Conference Softball Tournament has been reduced to a single-elimination event at Coe College's Clark Field. The two first-round games will be held Saturday afternoon with the semifinals and championship game to be played Sunday, May 5.
Saturday, May 4 – First Round
- No. 4 Simpson vs. No. 5 Dubuque, Noon
- No. 3 Luther vs. No. 6 Buena Vista, 2 p.m.
Sunday, May 5 - Semifinals
- No. 1 Coe vs. Simpson/Dubuque winner, 11 a.m.
- No. 2 Central vs. Luther/Buena Vista winner, 1 p.m.
Sunday, May 5 – Championship
- Semifinal winners, 3 p.m.
IIAC MEN'S GOLF
The final 36 holes of the 2013 IIAC Men's Golf Championship will be pushed back one full day. The third round of the Championship will now be Saturday, May 4, at Elmcrest Country Club in Cedar Rapids with tee times beginning at noon. Due to Elmcrest not being available for play on Sunday, the final 18 holes has been moved to Finkbine Golf Course in Iowa City. Teams will go off in foursomes beginning at 10:10 a.m.
Saturday, May 4
- Elmcrest Country Club – Cedar Rapids, Noon
Sunday, May 5
- Finkbine Golf Course – Iowa City, 10:10 a.m.
Simpson’s season-ending series against Dubuque has been pushed back to Sunday, May 5 and Monday, May 6 at McBride Field in Indianola. Sunday’s doubleheader will begin at 3 p.m. with the final two games set to start Monday at 1 p.m. Simpson will recognize its seniors between games on Sunday.
Sunday, May 5
- Simpson vs. Dubuque, 3 p.m. (Senior Recognition between games)
Monday, May 6
- Simpson vs. Dubuque, 1 p.m.